Or know someone who might?
The Ambassador to Business role is a vital, new volunteering position created to support Christian Aid in the fight against poverty. The Sustainable Development Goals, adopted in 2015, highlight the fundamental role the private sector has to play in world development. We also believe that businesses, and their leaders, can contribute substantially to alleviating poverty over the coming decade, and we have developed several new initiatives designed to maximise this potential.
The Ambassador to Business role will play an important part in the Christian Aid regional team, and will help to increase our visibility, fundraising ability and partnership opportunities within the business community.
We are now recruiting for one or more people to become an Ambassador to Business across Gloucestershire. We can offer resources, training and the support of staff and other volunteers, as well as out-of-pocket expenses.
What does the role involve?
- Representing Christian Aid to local businesses
- Identifying potential private sector partners
- Investigating local business networks
- Communicating partnership options to Small to Medium Enterprises
- Supporting private sector partners on an ongoing basis
As a Christian Aid volunteer, you will identify and contact business leaders, offering them the opportunity to partner with Christian Aid in one of three ways: joining our new action based network for business leaders, philanthropic giving or by getting involved in regional activities and events.
What will I do?
- Web-based research
- Proactive contact to reach out to business leaders
- Meetings with potential partners within businesses
What skills do I need?
- Good communication skills
- A background in business, or good connections with the business community.
- Demonstrable experience of networking with business leaders
- Public speaking
- Working knowledge of Corporate Social Responsibility
- Some knowledge of, or interest in, development, and an affinity with our work.
How much time can I give?
- To do this role you would need to be able to give 0.5 – 1 day a week for at least 6 months
What support will I receive?
- You will be managed and supported by the Philanthropy Officer for the South West and Regional Coordinator for Gloucestershire, and your first face to face business leader meeting will be with one of these staff members.
- Appropriate induction and training for your volunteering role.
- Quarterly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Out-of-pocket expenses.
Are there any other requirements?
- You will need to be sympathetic to Christian Aid’s values and vision.
- Ability to work independently.
How can I find out more?
If you would like a conversation about the role, or request an application form, please contact Marie Symonds on 01454 415923 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Noel Sharp on 0781 4141 100 or email@example.com.