The site has now been relaunched.
Key new features include:
* Churches can add extra information to events and services, such as a location other than the church, times, accessibility and contact details. This will enable churches to showcase their one-off services out in the community or parish away days outside the church building.
* There is space to include information about the facilities the church has, from a post office to foodbank or Alpha.
* Churches can see the number of page views their profile gets each week, month and year thanks to a new analytics feature built into the logged in view.
* Users can not only search for their nearest church – and now Church of England school – but can filter the search to show them results that include the features and facilities they’re looking for, such as accessibility, car parking or service type.
* In phase two, churches will be able to turn their simple page into a full church website – even having the option of using a unique URL, or the URL of their current website. From the launch in November, profiles will already begin to look far more like a website, with editors able to add pages, images and customise the tiles on their profile.
Church House are keeping in regular contact with A Church Near You editors as they prepare for launch and the site will sit at the heart of the national Christmas campaign under this year’s theme of #GodWithUs.
If you have any questions about the project, please email email@example.com.