The Bishop of Gloucester, The Lord Chancellor and The Archdeacon as patrons seek to appoint a collaborative priest and team leader to this friendly and community-minded benefice in the Cotswolds near Stroud. The benefice enjoys a range of worship styles, has a supportive and collegiate ministry team with a strong history of lay involvement and is committed to mission, service and care for one another.
The person appointed will:
- Lead effectively, be open to ideas, encourage the gifts of all and share of themselves.
- Bring Imagination and creativity, especially seeking further connection with children and families and enjoying the partnership with schools and local groups.
- Build on our witness of Faith, be a person of prayer and spiritual depth.
- Engage with people of all ages and stages of life and faith, helping these parishes share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all.
- Live LIFE in all its fullness and long to see the life of the Kingdom come more fully in these communities.
There is a ministry team including a House for Duty priest, an Associate Priest, two Readers, local lay leaders and a number of retired clergy. These are lively communities with a growing sense of unity and this would be an exciting time to come and join in.
‘Here I am Lord, is it I Lord?’
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 6 November
Short listing: 16 November
Interviews: Tuesday 5 December
For an informal conversation about this post please contact The Archdeacon of Gloucester, The Venerable Jackie Searle, Tel (01452) 835555 or 07913 944974 Email: email@example.com to whom applications should be returned.