The Diocese of Gloucester seeks to appoint an inspiring leader to develop and enhance the Christian character of our church schools by providing timely and accurate advice, guidance and direction to school staff, governors, clergy and parishes.
Salary £43,528 – £48,038
You will seek to:
- increase the proportion of good or excellent schools as judged by SIAMS and identify and support schools at risk of not achieving or maintaining this status
- work alongside other DBE colleagues to provide support, training, advice and guidance to schools and parishes in order that collective worship, RE teaching and the spiritual development within the schools are of high quality
- to support schools in their pre and post SIAMS work
- undertake post SIAMS monitoring visits
- to maintain examples of good practice and disseminate these around the diocese
- monitor and report on the outcomes of SIAMS inspections
- support and develop creative parish/school partnerships in line with our diocesan LIFE vision
- form supportive networks with other diocesan colleagues
To be successful you will have:
- an awareness of the part schools play in church’s overall mission
- knowledge of Church of England tradition, structure, organisation and the vision for education
- current knowledge of initiatives and developments in the teaching of RE, SIAMS and SMSC
- have a good working knowledge of the Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire agreed RE syllabi
- knowledge of how children develop spiritually
- an ability to articulate and demonstrate what constitutes outstanding classroom practice/Christian character
- excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- the ability to lead and inspire others
- self-motivation, enthusiasm and confidence
Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010 there is an occupational requirement for the post-holder to be a practising Christian of a denomination that is a member of Churches Together in England.
The Diocese of Gloucester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for the successful applicant.
To arrange an informal conversation about the position with Rachel Howie, please contact Fay Price on 01452 835539.
Closing date: Noon on 30 April 2018
Interviews: 10 and 11 May 2018
Applications should be made to Alice Clark using the application form below. Please email this to AClark@glosdioc.org.uk or post to Alice Clark, Church House, College Green, Gloucester, GL1 2LY . CV’s are not accepted.