Bishop Rachel’s Collective Worship.
A six-minute video in which Bishop Rachel speaks of the importance of the welcome that we extend to all who come to our schools. The video has been designed to be included as part of an act of worship, the details of which have been sent in the post to every Church Primary School and Academy in the Diocese of Gloucester.
Worship Workshop is an exciting free new on-line resource for schools. It has been developed by the National Society, the Liturgical Commission and the Royal School of Church Music to help staff and pupils create acts of worship. The website was developed with the help and support of staff and pupils from a number of schools, including Cranham CE Primay School, Gloucester.
To help schools create acts of worship the website contains:
- A song bank of 100 traditional and contemporary songs and hymns, with music, echo tracks, downloadable words and musical scores
- A clear, liturgical framework with the flexibility for developing worship around texts and themes, including values
- Carefully selected texts from the Bible and Common Worship and New Patterns of Worship
- Suggestions for using the texts in a way which will engage the interest of pupils
- Ideas for prayers, litanies, intercessions and collects
- A seasons and values index to make patterns and to slot in stories and other material to accompany specific themes and values
- And much, much more!
The website is available at: www.worshipworkshop.org.uk.
Thought for the Day
The Thought for the Day programme is a great resource for daily reflection or as a supplement to assemblies and collective worship. The Thought for the Day template and grids for five complete years of material are available as downloads.