This new course sounds really intriguing. Discussions are based around fine art paintings from the National Gallery, which put alongside a biblical story and a short reflection are discussion starters for those exploring Christianity. Good conversations develop as the different people see different things within the art and explore their insights together. It has potential as an explorers’ course for churches looking for an alternative to alpha but using the same conversational principles.
Most popular articles today:
- Bishop Rachel’s new book Encounters: Jesus, connection and story: past, present and future is out TODAY!
- Christmas trails round up
- Spiritual support for the older generation
- Parish Administrator – St James and All Saints and Christ Church, Gloucester
- Living in Love and Faith: a message from Bishop Rachel and Bishop Robert
- The Domestic Abuse Bill; What do we welcome and where does the bill need to do more?
- Nov 26: join us in prayer today at 6pm
- Forest Church: connecting with God out in nature
- Art angels plan Covid-safe nativity
- Zoom, zoom zoom*…….the joys and challenges of virtual youth ministry
- National Maintenance Week 20-27 November
- How can I help this Christmas?
- What does it mean to have HOPE? We asked primary school children …
- Why is the word ‘God’ so important to Christians? (South Glos UC EYFS God/Creation)
- Letter to clergy about the Good Shepherd Project