Please note this is the 2017 page. For the latest 2018 resources, please click here.
Join a great wave of prayer: 25th May – 4th June 2017
Diocesan co-ordination: Julie Fay
Hardcopy via: cpo.org.uk/thykingdomcome
Bright prayer ideas and inspiration
8 ways to get involved
Main thykingdomcome website
Official Facebook page
Latest from #Pledge2Pray
The Archbishops of Canterbury and York have invited parishes across England to join a great wave of prayer between Ascension and Pentecost 2017.
The Presidents of Churches Together in England are joining with the Archbishop of Canterbury and York to make the call to churches of all denominations in England, and Archbishop Justin Welby is sending out the call to every part of the worldwide Anglican Communion, and the World Methodist Council to Methodist Churches worldwide.
The three aims are:
- To join in prayer with the whole family of God the Father
- To pray for the empowering of God the Holy Spirit
- That we may be effective witnesses to God the Son, Jesus Christ.
- Tewkesbury Churches Together (TCT) an ecumenical group who bring together churches of several denominations in Tewkesbury for shared events, hold an annual 24/7 prayer event. This year they are adopting the ‘Thy Kingdom Come’ theme and the event will run for the week from 24th May until the 4th June in various venues in the town. The coordinator of the event is Irene Comer: email@example.com
- Redcliffe College 7pm 25th May – worship at WEMTC on Ascension Day. We will be joining the great wave of prayer using the Thy Kingdom Come resources.
- Thursday 25TH Holy Communion With: John Partington. At 12 noon at Coln Church Followed by: Drinks at the Vicarage
Prayer gathering at St Leonard’s Church at Upton St Leonard’s on Thursday 25 May 7-7.30
- Friday 26TH A CHQ Prayer WalkWith: Jane Kidd. At 11am at The Coln StoresTheme: That striking walk from church to church with informal prayers for the individual community in Coln, Quenington and Hatherop. Requests for prayers can be left at each church, but please try and join us. Well-behaved dogs and young people welcome.
- Saturday 27TH Noon prayerWith: Mike Stranks. At : 12 noon at: Hatherop churchTheme: Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart.” Content will be based around:
- Led prayers thanking God for things we’ve received and experienced;
- Opportunities for one-sentence public prayers thanking God for one thing;
- Silent prayer when people can pray their personal thanks that they don’t wish to say aloud.
This will all be an embarrassment-free zone where people can participate, or not, as they feel comfortable.
- St Lawrence Lechlade is having a special #TKC service on May 28th at 10am. Details are at http://www.stlawrencelechlade.org.uk/event/special-thykingdomcome-service/
- Sunday 28TH Holy CommunionWith: Rev Canon Ron Lloyd and Rev Roger ScoonessAt: Coln Church at: 11amTheme: Ron Lloyd preaching on prayer.
- Monday 29TH Noon prayersWith: Rev Roger Scoones. At: 12 noon at : Hatherop Church.Theme: Taizé Prayer with songs and reflective music, to help us to pray for the young people of the World ;and especially for the Taizé community, as they prepare to receive thousands of young people during the coming weeks.
- Tuesday 30TH Noon prayersWith: Christine Ansell Wells. At : 12 noon at: Quenington Church.Theme: Prayers for those who care for family/neighbours and those working as Care professionals. Followed by a quiet time.
- Wednesday 31ST Noon prayersWith: Rev Lynn Hayler. At: 12 noon at: Hatherop ChurchTheme: Northumbria worship – Celtic Christianity.
- Thursday 1ST Noon Healing & Wholeness CommunionWith: Rev Canon Tony Ross. At: 12 noon at: Coln ChurchTheme: Opportunity for anyone who wishes to have laying on of hands, anointing and for there to be prayers for the sick. Please bring names of those who you would like to be prayed for during a period of quiet.
- Friday 2ND Noon prayersWith: Hugh Poole Warren. At: 12 noon at: Quenington ChurchTheme: Praising, celebrating and thanksgiving for the natural world.
- St Michaels Bishop Cleeve are doing 2 main activities – Prayer Walking the village with the aim of praying for every home. Secondly a day of prayer on Sat June 3rd. 9.30.- 3.30. A bit like the Edinburgh festival there are fringe meetings and the youth group are doing their own thing and we are encouraging each home group to spend their meeting in prayer.
- Saturday 3RD Prayer walkWith Patti Price. At: Coln Stores at :11amTheme: The environment
- Sunday 4th June Holy Trinity Cheltenham at 6pm. Pentecost celebration. For further details, please see:
- Sunday 4TH Pentecost Holy CommunionWith: Rev Canon Tony Ross. At: Coln Church at: 11amTheme: Silent waiting on God. Celebration of one of the church’s major festivals when the Holy Spirit descended on the apostles who were ‘waiting’ after the Ascension of Christ.
Events can be viewed on the ‘pledge2pray’ map page of the www.thykingdomcome.global website.
Watch Archbishop Justin’s introduction:
View on youtube →
View ‘Pledge to Pray’ on youtube →
View ‘Helping Christians to share their faith’ on youtube →
Watch the Presidents of Churches Together in England explain why they’re uniting behind Thy Kingdom Come 2017: