Starting with Ash Wednesday, when Christians ask forgiveness from God for the things that they have done wrong, Lent is a time when people can think about God and prepare for the celebration of Easter.
Bishop Rachel will be leading a teaching session called ‘Meeting at the Cross’ at various locations (with refreshments).
- 18 February at St John the Evangelist, Elkstone, 6pm
- 25 February at St John the Baptist, Chipping Sodbury, 6pm
- 4 March at St Lawrence, Bourton on the Water. 6pm
- Palm Sunday 25 March, St Nicholas, Ashchurch, 3.15pm.
Bishop Robert will be leading the following teaching sessions across the Forest of Dean area:
- 18 February, Holy Trinity, Primrose Hill, Lydney, 4pm, our observance of Palm Sunday and Maundy Thursday teaching
- 11 March, Christ Church, Christchurch, 4pm, our observance of Good Friday
- 18 March, Holy Jesus, Lydbrook, 4pm, our observance of Easter
Details of Bishop Robert’s timetable in the Forest can be found here.
All are welcome to attend.