The Diocese of Gloucester, The Methodist Circuit and Hartpury College are advertising for a Chaplain for Hartpury College.
£10,988 – £14,943 per annum (£24, 082-£33,912 FTE)
Diocesan Salary Band 4
The purpose of this role would be to raise awareness, explore spiritual and faith issues, in a multi faith context, with students, enabling them to develop their own identity to improve their well-being, and to provide support to staff.
Within this, the Chaplain would be expected to:
- Be responsible for the provision of a wide range of chaplaincy support activities for staff and for students
- Be a visible and available for pastoral conversation and support, and to build up relationships.
- Work alongside the college Wellbeing team
- Be a support for individuals generally and in particular at times of crisis
- Arrange events in keeping with the Christian festivals
- Promote an ecumenical approach to developing spirituality and faith
- Use skills to help facilitate issues at work
- Actively support College policies and procedures whilst maintaining an independent role.
- Ensure that the role is linked to broader networks for FE and HE chaplaincies
This is a part time (20hrs per week) role offered on an initial three year basis due to current funding available, ending at the end of the summer academic term 2021. The role will be required to work term time only for a total of 35 weeks worked each year.
For more details, please see the Job Description here: Hartpury College Chaplain Job Description
Please return your application form to Alice Clark by 9am on Monday 3rd September via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th September.