The Garfield Weston Foundation is 60 years old this year and to celebrate, they are launching a one-off grants scheme, the Weston Anniversary Fund. This Fund will provide capital grants ranging from £30,000 to £150,000. The Fund is open to places of worship.
The Foundation will consider applications for the following type of projects:
- New building or extension to an existing building for community use e.g new kitchen, meeting room or storage facility.
- Improvements to, or renovation or refurbishment of, an existing building such as installing a toilet and servery in a rural church for community use.
- New fixed playground equipment, climbing walls or multiuse games area in a public playing field.
- Purchase of large or expensive items if it is crucial to your work in supporting local people e.g. minibus for elderly day care, equipment for a training room, community café fit out etc.
- Purchase of land or property with a minimum of a 25 year lease with a clear community benefit.
More information can be found here: