Gloucester Cathedral are looking for an Accounting Apprentice to become a valued member of the Cathedral Finance Team, whilst studying towards the AAT qualification.
This is a Level 2 Accounting Apprenticeship. You will assist in a range of duties relevant to your studies. You will also be set aside time to complete your learning, including one day a week (or equivalent) at college. Additionally, in-house training and support will be given.
Closing Date: 13 March 2018
- Data entry and retrieval using Sage 50 accounting software
- Assisting with cash counting and banking
- Assisting with on-line payments and bank reconciliations
- Managing emails and telephone queries
- Supporting the rest of the team in a range of tasks including payroll
- Basic admin inc. photocopying, spreadsheets, filing
- Providing cover for Reception for lunchtimes, some annual leave and sickness
- Providing administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, particularly in relation to the Cathedral’s rental properties.
Skills required: Basic Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and Word. Good communication skills
Personal qualities: Personable, honest, conscientious, and with an interest in accounting. It is not necessary to be a Christian to work in this role but candidates should be aware of the religious culture and historic significance of the Cathedral.
Qualifications required: GCSE Maths and English A – C (9 – 4) (or equivalent qualifications)
£5.59 per hour for an annual salary of £10,174
35 hours per week – 9am to 5pm (1 hour lunch break)
This role offers a possible permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship.
Please note, candidates are to apply via the College here: Gloucestershire College
About the employer
Gloucester Cathedral is one of the finest medieval buildings in Europe that welcomes almost 500,000 visitors each year, costs over £2m to keep open and has over 450 volunteers to assist with the 2,000 events and services that are held each year. Gloucester Cathedral is a place where all are welcome, regardless of background or faith. We are open 365 days a year and are proud that entry into the building is completely free for everyone. http://www.gloucestercathedral.org.uk/