The Bishop of Gloucester seeks to appoint an engaging and empowering team leader for a town and village ministry in the beautiful Forest of Dean, offering many opportunities for community engagement. We have enthusiastic worshipping communities looking to move forwards in a number of ways, and we are seeking the right person to lead that process. Specifically we are looking for a person who:
- has a vibrant and life-giving faith
- will teach, lead and challenge the church family in a variety of settings
- has a passion for community engagement
- has experience in working in and with schools
- is collaborative: Good at team-working and building team; and working with other churches and community partners.
- will help the parishes to come together to form one benefice.
The person will work with and be supported by an enthusiastic curate, readers, retired clergy and church members looking outwards, as well as a part-time administrator.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Monday 7 January 2019
Interviews: Friday 1 February
For an informal conversation about this post please contact the Revd Chris Maclay, Area Dean on 01594 368558 or 07496 645914 or email . Applications should be returned to Alison Vlach, PA to the Archdeacon of Gloucester