Band 3 (£35,503-£41,542 pa pro rata) for 14 hours per week
Initial three year contract
Location: Church House, College Green, Gloucester, GL1 2LY
The Ministry Experience Scheme provides opportunities for those aged between 18 and 30 to spend a year working or volunteering in a church. This gives people a prime opportunity to spend time discerning their own vocation through experiencing ministry, theological learning and personal development. The Scheme is set up and administered by the diocese.
There are currently over 80 young people on schemes running in 16 dioceses. The target is to increase this number to 175 young people per year by 2020 and increase the number of dioceses involved. Gloucester is one of these, with a new scheme starting in September 2019. The scheme also aims to increase the diversity of participants in schemes across the Church of England.
The Scheme Co-ordinator will develop and establish the Ministry Experience Scheme in the Diocese of Gloucester.
Working directly with the Department of Mission and Ministry, parish placement churches, education providers and the communication steam, the individual will be responsible for:
- Developing a theology partnership with a local training provider
- Developing appropriate structures for pastoral care for scheme participants
- Share the vision with parishes, deaneries and the wider diocese
- Source funding for continuing the scheme beyond the first three years
- Recruitment of scheme participants and the scheme chaplain
- Setting up placements in local parishes and providing support and guidance to placement supervisors
- Developing the programme with the support of the Department of Mission and Ministry.
This post would be ideally suited to someone with a clear understanding of the ordination/BAP process and the criteria for selection for ordination, as well as some experience of applying for funding.
This post carries an Occupational Requirement, under the provisions of the Equality Act 2010, for the post holder to be a practising Christian.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am Monday 24 September 2018
Interviews will take place on Thursday 4 October 2018.
Applications should be returned to Helen Crawford, Office Manager, at email@example.com or by post to Church House, College Green, Gloucester GL1 2LY. Please note we do not accept CVs.
If you have any queries regarding the role, please email as above or call Helen on 01452 410022.