Christian Arts Festival returns more vibrant, more colourful and more engaging than ever. Running from 23 April – 12 May, 2019 (Easter Holiday Workshops 12 – 17 April), with more than 80 events across 44 venues in Cheltenham & Gloucester.
This year’s theme is Encounters –
• Encounter the beauty of Christian heritage alongside fresh expression.
• Encounter belief which gives hope to many in a confused world.
• Encounter Jesus afresh through drama, music and live testimony.
• Encounter solidarity and respect for each other as diﬀerent communities come together.
• Encounter unique people worshiping in many diverse and imaginative ways.
• Enjoy learning new skills in creating extraordinary art, drama, words and music.
• Find out how artists encounter God’s calling on their lives through their God-given gifts.
• Many of them taking faith and the arts into schools to enrich young lives.
The Festival aims to cross boundaries and build community through the arts. The Festival not only brings great events to our town, such as Soul Sanctuary Gospel Choir, Elim Sound, Jonathan Veira, Harry and Chris (The Russell Howard Show and BBC Radio 2) but is principally homegrown; comprising events and workshops hosted by local churches, faith and other community groups in the area. Here you will ﬁnd the peace and fruitfulness of an allotment garden alongside the exuberance and colour of a medieval pageant! Duncan Munro, Chair.
‘I believe profoundly that relationship is at the heart of who God is, and in my role as bishop I continue to be shaped by human encounter with people of all ages carrying diﬀerent stories amid the joys and pains of their lives. This Christian Arts Festival is an invitation to everyone including those of diﬀerent faith backgrounds and those of no faith, to celebrate, explore and discover more of life in many vibrant ways.’
Rt Revd Rachel Treweek, Bishop of Gloucester, Patron
Full Details, Tickets and to Download this year’s brochure http://christianartsfestival.org
Some events below…