In addition to the usual haul of cans, plastic bottles, sandwich wrappers, crisp packets and the like, they collected:
- three stainless steel ‘Thermos-type’ flasks;
- a car exhaust silencer;
- 36 glass bottles (35 of which were alcohol);
- a vehicle windscreen surround;
- a large piece of laminate flooring;
- a 10 litre white plastic container;
- two dozen Helium cartridges;
- a caravan jack and a mug.
Unfortunately the rain on day two of the litter pick forced the team to abandon their efforts for the day, but they hope to continue with regular litter picks.
Photo shows: L-R Pauline Farman, Hilary Lawrence and Margaret Clack (whose husband Tony took the photograph and also helped litter-pick.)