Position: Finance Manager
Salary: £37,030 FTE, dependent upon experience
TIC+ are a charity who provides counselling, support and care for young people and families. We are here to listen and help get young people’s lives back on track. Following a period of growth, we are looking to recruit a talented, experienced part time finance manager to join our dynamic head office team based in Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire.
As Finance Manager you will have previous experience of working in a charity sector finance role and be responsible for the delivery and development of discrete areas of finance, including draft year end accounts, daily operational finance functions as well as helping oversee independent audit.
Your experience in tendering, financial reporting and feasibility cash models will play an integral part in enabling the charity to achieve its vision, mission and objectives, and the successful candidate will be a key part of the senior management team.
• Provide professional advice to the senior leadership team on all matters related to the financial management of TIC+
• Develop effective management accounting systems
• Work with budget holders to prepare budgets in accordance with TIC+’s business plans and assist in the preparation of these, including Full Cost Recovery and charge out rates
• Monitor the financial performance of budget holders and TIC+ as a whole
• Provide management accounting advice to budget holders as required
• Monitor cash flow and provide forward projections to assist in the management of TIC+, including developing and maintaining feasibility costing models
• Assist with contract submissions and ITT
• Ensure TIC+ accounts are maintained and managed efficiently
• Develop effective systems to manage financial risk
• Preparing draft year end statutory accounts and overseeing the annual statutory audit in line with the Charity SORP
• Line manage TIC+ Finance Co-ordinator and any volunteers allocated to support administration or finance
• Liaise with Bank as necessary
• Ensure timely production of monthly financial reports (on an accruals basis) for trustees and budget holders
You will possess the following skills:
• Qualified or part-qualified accountant, CIMA, ACCA or ACA or demonstrable finance experience
• Experience of preparing draft statutory accounts in accordance with the Companies Acts and/or Charity Commission requirements
• Solid management accounting experience
• Good working knowledge of Excel e.g. create Pivot Tables; VLOOKUP; SUMIFS etc
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to make financial information accessible and understandable for non-financial audiences
• Ability to work under pressure and unsupervised
• Ability to problem solve
• Leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate others to succeed
• Experience of using financial software packages- (Paxtons in use)
• Sound knowledge of accounting procedures, business organisation, administration and legislative requirements
• Management of multi-million pound budgets and closure of period and year end accounts
• Understanding of audit requirements (internal and external)
• Strategic thinker-able to understand the big picture
• Strong commercial acumen, common sense and evidence of sustained professional development and willingness to grow
• Computer and technical knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and people skills, able to use emotional intelligence to engage people and motivate a range of personalities individually and in groups
• Ability to work as part of a team and support other team members
• Highly organised, able to meet deadlines and bring others to do the same
• Sympathetic and supportive of the Christian Ethos of the charity
This would suit a dynamic, energetic individual with a real passion for seeing young peoples’ lives transformed. This role is a pivotal part of the charities long term success and requires someone who is going to invest and develop the role in the long term.
The role is predominantly based at our Head Office at Mitcheldean. The role is 30 hours a week and flexible working arrangements will be considered. We would like someone in post as soon as possible.
As the nature of this position involves handling public money, bank accounts as well as daily access to sensitive financial information, the successful candidate will be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) prior to appointment.
If you want to join our inspirational team and make a real difference to the lives of young people either send your CV to or call 01905 783 384 for a confidential discussion.
Four Squared Recruitment are recruiting for this role on an agreed and exclusive basis so all direct and third party applications will be managed and processed by Four Squared Recruitment on behalf of TIC+.
TIC+ requests no contact from agencies- thanks!