We are a group of three parishes set on the banks of the River Severn and the edge of the Forest of Dean, and close to the city of Gloucester. During this vacancy we have committed to working ever more closely together. We wish to appoint a Priest in Charge who will inspire and encourage us as we seek to:
- remain an inclusive benefice, welcoming to all
- collaborate more effectively
- be outward-facing and mission-oriented
- place a particular focus on working with our primary schools, their pupils and families
- maintain and encourage effective pastoral care
- provide opportunities for prayer and study
- encourage and equip lay leadership and lay ministry
Even though the right of presentation is currently suspended during the deanery strategic mapping process, the benefice enjoys the active support of its patron, Haberdashers’.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th January 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews: Currently planned for Friday 12th February 2021, but being kept under review.
For an informal conversation about this post please contact the Ven Hilary Dawson, Archdeacon of Gloucester on 01452 835555 or 07719 310045 or email . Applications should be returned to Sue Strawbridge, PA to the Archdeacon of Gloucester –