You are invited to meet with some of the key thinkers in the Coming Home Report and the Church’s housing strategy to explain the implications of the report and answer your questions.
Around 8 million people in England are living in overcrowded, unaffordable or unsuitable housing, according to a recent report by the National Housing Federation. This number is likely to have risen as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Whole sections of our society, including people of all ages, are affected by the housing crisis, but those caught in poverty bear the brunt of this injustice. The scale and consequences of the housing crisis have been further exposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, and it is a national scandal.
The Coming Home Report was released this spring by the independent Commission on Housing, Church and Community and it lays out a bold and positive vision for housing, one that has been lacking in our national debate on this subject.
The report represents a profound challenge to the Church of England along with other groups, including the government and developers, to tackle the housing crisis.
On our panel are:
- The Church of England’s new Bishop for House, the Rt Revd Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani
- Housing Advisory Board member, the Bishop of Tewkesbury, the Rt Revd Robert Springett
- Housing Commission members (who now sit on the Housing Advisory Board) David Orr (former Chief Executive of the National Housing Federation)
- The Revd Lynne Cullens, Rector of Stockport and Brinnington and Chair of the National Estate Churches Network
Find out more and register at www.gloucester.anglican.org/event/responding-to-growth-the-coming-home-report
Find out more about events like these and sign up to be part of our Responding to Growth new housing network at www.gloucester.anglican.org/your-ministry/housing/new-housing-responding-to-growth-network
Most popular articles today:
- General Synod Elections – voting now open
- Priest -in- Charge – The Parish of St James and St Mary Magdalene Quedgeley
- Priest – in- Charge – The Seven Towers Benefice
- Kit out the Nation
- Education and Learning Development Officer – Gloucester Cathedral
- Girls and boys on equal terms in Cathedral choir
- Blessing for newly installed Cirencester statues
- Forest Church: connecting with God out in nature
- Pioneer Ministry blog: The Shift in Language
- Pioneer ministry blog: Rhythm, Regularity and Response
- Wild and wonderful launch for year of science and faith
- Big smiles at Festival of Stars
- Crown Appoints Canon Precentor
- Gloucestershire Mentoring Programme – Programme Coordinator (Gloucestershire)
- Youth Minister – St Matthew’s and the Minster, Cheltenham