Yesterday evening, The Rt Hon Stuart Andrew, MP, Housing Minister, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, joined our national Responding to Growth meeting. The Minister is MP for Pudsey, Horsforth and Aireborough. He was appointed as Minister for Housing in the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities in February 2022.
The panel includes:
- The Rt Revd David Walker, Bishop of Manchester since 2013. He is a member of the Housing Commission Advisory Group and has served on the boards of several housing associations since 1988. He is a member of the House of Lords and chairs the Board of Governors of the Church Commissioners.
- Alison Olugunna, Head of Capital Delivery and New Homes, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, formerly Director of Strategic Property Development for the Methodist Church.
- Cathy Francis, Director, Regeneration and Housing Delivery, Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities. Cathy has enjoyed a long career in the public sector having worked in a number of government departments and also in NHSE. She has a background in regeneration and neighbourhood renewal policy and currently leads on housing and regeneration in DLUHC. She is responsible for policy on infrastructure and brownfield funding, public sector land and regeneration. She is passionate about community, place-making and improving outcomes for the most deprived communities
- Chairing the evening is the Rt Revd Robert Springett, Bishop of Tewkesbury, and member of the Archbishops’ Housing Initiative Advisory Board.
- Bishop Robert (Chair): Welcome and introduction;
- The Rt Hon Stuart Andrew MP, Housing Minister, Levelling Up, Housing and Communities will speak on the Government’s vision and goals for levelling up, in relation to housing, planning and community renewal;
- Questions and comments to the Ministe;
- Bishop David: “From the perspective of faith…”;
- Plenary discussion;
- Conclusion and next steps.
Take it further
Most popular articles today:
- A post-Lambeth message from Bishop Rachel and Bishop Robert
- Priest-in-Charge, Winchcombe
- St Peter’s Leckhampton achieves Eco Church Silver Award
- School creates Spiritual Garden with Hibiscus Project grant
- Creationtide 2020: resources for clergy and readers
- Serving on prison Independent Monitoring Boards – Bishop Rachel
- Forest Church: connecting with God out in nature
- Coney Hill church and community feed those in need
- The Very Reverend Stephen Lake, Dean of Gloucester Announced as New Bishop of Salisbury
- Connected, a new podcast for young people
- The Lambeth Conference
- Celebrating The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Greenway gifts, spreading comfort and joy
- St Andrew’s tackle Three Peaks for three young superheroes
- Welcoming four new Canons to Gloucester Cathedral