About this group
‘Using sport, music and art to build relationships and share the Christian faith’ is a priority of the LIFE vision for the Diocese.
2019 Advent Calendar launches with competition
on 31/10/2019 at 10:54 am
Faith Encounters: RE & Art Competition Results SPRING 2019
on 13/05/2019 at 1:21 pm
Faith in the Arts
on 12/05/2019 at 2:00 pm
Christian Arts Festival
on 22/04/2019 at 11:00 pm
Christian Arts Festival
on 26/03/2019 at 3:09 pm
The Creative Arts Priority Group exists to promote the use of the creative arts in all its forms to share faith and build relationships as part of the Diocese of Gloucester’s Life Vision.
In this section, we offer some stories of what people have done to make this happen and how it can look. There are many different ways of engaging through the arts; each story will be unique. We hope these might offer some inspiration and ideas to support the work of your community. And if you have a story to share, please let us know!
Our Theological Statement
We recognise that art is a wonderful way to build relationships and share the Christian faith because:
• The creative arts offer a sense of awe and wonder that reflect the Creator God.
• Through the creative arts, either as a participant or audience, we can experience the divine and share reverence for God – Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer.
• This reminds us that we are co-creators with God drawing people into a transformational relationship with Jesus Christ.
• The arts can help people explore themselves and their relationship with God and the world.
• Involvement with the creative arts enables people to value, respect, challenge and appreciate one another.
• The creative arts allow people to express themselves and communicate in new and varied ways. This can be particularly empowering for those who find expression through words difficult.
• The arts should be accessible to all by their very nature.
• Experiencing the arts can be very life affirming.
• The arts can help us to explore what it is to be human.
• The arts can allow us to explore God’s values and grow in our relationship with the per-son of Jesus.
• This can help us to explore issues of truth and justice through open discussion and healthy disagreement.
• The arts can speak to the soul, fire the imagination and draw us closer to God.
‘Faith’ exhibition by Russell Haines
‘The Real Me’ Messy Church resource now available