- Reporting serious incidents to the Charity Commission
- Safeguarding Training
- Deanery Workshops
- Guidance & Policies for parishes
- Past Case Review 2
- Parish Safeguarding Annual Checklist – 2019
- Parish Safeguarding Officers (Safeguarding Nominated People): advice
- Safer Recruitment, DBS forms, applications and changes
- Safeguarding Privacy Notice
- Modern Slavery
- Message from Bishop Robert, 14 September 2021on 14/09/2021 at 12:30 pm
- Safeguarding resources developed especially for young peopleon 09/02/2021 at 2:08 pm
- Safeguarding updateon 09/02/2021 at 11:59 am
- Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuseon 15/10/2020 at 5:22 pm
- Safeguarding considerations for online groupson 29/06/2020 at 12:51 pm
- Bishop Rachel asked the Government about support for looked after and adopted childrenon 28/01/2020 at 4:59 pm
- Mandatory Safeguarding Review for parishes: PCR 2on 28/01/2020 at 9:20 am
- Bishop Rachel responds to the Peter Ball documentaryon 14/01/2020 at 3:01 pm
- The Hibiscus Projecton 12/12/2019 at 9:49 am
- Modern slavery in Gloucestershire: be part of the solutionon 16/10/2019 at 2:48 pm
Our Safeguarding Strategy
We will do all we can to ensure that our worshipping communities offer the safest places for children and vulnerable people.
Read more; full strategy →
Some brilliant organisations:
We will do all we can to ensure that our worshipping communities offer the safest places for children and vulnerable people. Our office is based in Gloucester.
Kate works weekdays except Weds, from 9.30am to 4pm. She administers our processes including DBS, and our five year rolling recheck process. Please email Kate for any of your Safer Recruitment or DBS related questions.
Laura administers our training and can answer your queries about how to log on to the national Church of England training portal for the online Basic and Foundation courses.
In addition Laura links directly with all our clergy, PTO clergy and Readers and automatically books them on to refresher training at the appropriate time to keep our records accurate and issues the completion certificates when training has been completed.
Reporting abuse and finding support
NSPCC helpline for Children and Adults: 0800 80 20 20
This is a special helpline that has been set up for the Past Case review 2 for those who have been affected either directly or indirectly by abuse in a church or cathedral setting. Calls will be handled sensitively and confidentially.
We understand reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing to you and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services. Finding support contacts
The Safeguarding Team is available at all times to help support you and provide advice and guidance. Please see contact details above.
Diocese of Gloucester: Supporting people who have been or are experienced abuse
Contacts for local authorities
Complaints, concerns about us and whistleblowing
If you have a complaint or concern about how we have dealt with a safeguarding issue, please see the following policy and procedure documents below: