Brett Riches and Becca Faal from the Diocesan Safeguarding Team are running safeguarding workshops for parishes. These will be delivered on zoom and are aimed at incumbents, parish safeguarding officers and churchwardens.
We will be covering:
- An introduction to the Parish Dashboards – a new way for you to audit and keep track of the safeguarding arrangements in the parish.
- An overview of the current training requirements.
- A demonstration of how to use the safeguarding portal to access resources and training.
- An opportunity for you to share good practice with others in the area.
- Sharing resources on communicating safeguarding with children and young people.
- Space for questions about anything else related to safeguarding.
This event is not safeguarding training, but if you would like to attend training please visit our Core Training page to find details of how to access the basic awareness (C0) and foundation (C1) sessions online. Parish safeguarding officers and churchwardens where the parish is in vacancy are asked to attend leadership training (C2). In addition to PSOs and Churchwardens, anyone else with a significant leadership role in a parish is asked to complete the leadership module. This includes but is not limited to: employed children/youth/student ministry leaders, lead community outreach workers for parishes and pastoral leads. The leadership module is currently delivered across two sessions, via Zoom. Please visit our Core Training page to find details.
Deanery Workshops 2021
|Where: On Zoom|
|Thursday 21st January||7.30 – 9.00pm||Gloucester City and Stroud|
|Thursday 11th February||7.30 – 9.00pm||Cheltenham and
Tewkesbury & Winchcombe
|Thursday 25th February||7.30 – 9.00pm||Cirencester and Wotton|
|Wednesday 3rd March||7.30 – 9.00pm||North Cotswold|
|Thursday 18th March||7.30 – 9.00pm||Severn Vale and Forest South|