This page is under development.
As part of safer recruitment processes, many posts that people take up either in a paid or volunteer capacity are eligible for a criminal record check called a DBS check and it is important that if that is appropriate that no one starts in a role until the check has come back and they are cleared to start.
We take Safeguarding seriously across all areas of application, reference, record checks, personnel file management, and training. In the first few months in a new post incumbents complete the national Safer Recruitment online training and centrally we keep a record of all the dates that are needed for updates and renewals, and refresher training.
Learn more about Safer Recruiting:
(introductory video will be added here)
Links and templates – to be added
• Online safer recruitment training session
• DBS checks nationally
• DBS checks diocese page
• Link to national church parish safeguarding handbook
• Link to national church downloads
• HR – template application form
• HR – shortlisting grid
• HR – template offer letter
• HR – reference letter
• HR – template contract
• HR – template employment handbook
• HR – template end of probation letter
• HR – holiday form
• HR – sickness form
• HR – training record card
• HR – GDPR record keeping fact sheet