- This event has passed.
In Churches Too: Domestic Abuse Workshops
05/12/2018, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Would you know the signs of Domestic Abuse?
Domestic Abuse—it’s a matter of life and death
- On average two women are killed by their partner or ex-partner every week in England and Wales.
- 13 million women and 716,000 men experienced some form of domestic abuse in the last year.
- On average the police receive over 100 calls relating to domestic abuse every day
The Diocese of Gloucester, in partnership with Restored are running Domestic Abuse workshops as part of the 16 Days of Action Against Gender Based Violence.
In churches too: Raising awareness of domestic abuse
- What domestic abuse is and who is affected.
- How we can support those affected by domestic abuse.
- Exploring theology relating to this topic with a senior member of clergy.
- How the Gloucestershire domestic abuse service supports people who are affected.
- What your church can do.
- What you can do.
- Becca Faal and Brett Riches, Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers.
- A member of clergy.
- Representatives from the Police and Gloucestershire Domestic Abuse Support Service.
Refreshments will be served at each session.
|Wednesday 5 December 2018||10am – 12.30pm||Parliament Room, Church House, College Green, Gloucester, GL1 2LY|
To book onto a workshop please email