- This event has passed.
FestivALL- Celebrating inclusive community
May 18, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Diocese of Gloucester, Barnwood Trust, Gloucestershire African Community Foundation and Gloucester Cathedral have come together to organise FestivALL, a celebration of inclusive community across the county and beyond.
The FestivalALL is about relationship and aims to both nurture and celebrate community. FestivALL aims to bring people together across the county and beyond to celebrate inclusive community over a month long period, from May 17-June 17th. It will be an opportunity for people to learn about the community in which they live and work, build relationships and strengthen networks.
We are inviting organisations to come together and be part of this Festival by either holding a local community event, or being involved in the two day launch at Gloucester Cathedral. Find out more at www.festivall.org
Friday 18 May – Sharing and learning day
10am-4.30pm in Gloucester Cathedral
A day to learn more about local community and statutory organisations that promote inclusive community. A great networking opportunity at which key speakers will give inspiring talks about the importance of community and will explore the theme of inclusion, what it means and how can we all get better at it. Workshops will be run providing information, knowledge and support on how people and organisations can be as inclusive as possible.
Dame Janet Trotter OBE DBE CVO
Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire
Workshops during the day
- Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust – nature for all
- Active Impact – writing an inclusion statement
- Star College – all activities challenge
- Cinderford artspace – Inclusive multi-sports
- St John’s school – anti-bullying workshop, run by the pupils
- Redcliffe College and friendship café – Cross cultural friendships
- Spirit of Peace and the Revd Simon Howells – Crossing faith and cultural barriers through creativity
- Barnwood Trust – What does collaboration look like?
- Barnwood Trust with Cheltenham victim support – upstanders not bystanders
- Gloucester Cathedral – Sensory tour of the Cathedral
- 2Gether Trust – five ways to well-being
Saturday 19th May – Saturday 16th June – A month of community events across the Diocese, promoted under the umbrella of Festival for All, to promote local unity and build relationships. These can be from a small local picnic, to a large music festival! They can be events already planned, or organised especially for the Festival for All month.
For more information contact Cate Williams , 01452 835543 / Lucy Taylor , 01452 835515
Share this article:
- Cate Williams
- Lucy Taylor
- Gloucester Cathedral
Gloucester, GL1 2LY + Google Map