- This event has passed.
Free Social Media training, Gloucester
September 10, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Join us, free of charge, on 10th September as the Church of England digital communications team delivers a Social & Digital Media training day for churches in the Diocese of Gloucester. The training will be done in person by representatives from the national Church of England.
Social and digital media is everywhere and has become one of the most important ways in which we communicate and view information. Churches are being encouraged to take advantage of this incredible opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus and connect with a population that is living more online than ever. If you are responsible for digital or social media in your church then this day is perfect for you, and it doesn’t matter how experienced you are as it will cater for all capabilites.
Topics covered will include social media trends, writing for the web, A Church Near You, dealing with negativity online and how to use Facebook and Instagram. It will be held at St Mary de Crypt Church, The Cooke Room, Southgate Street, Gloucester GL1 1TP https://discoverdecrypt.org.uk/
At this free event, a light lunch will be provided.
This year a workbook will be provided alongside the social media training so that everyone who attends will leave with an actionable plan for their social media platforms and website.
Anyone coming along will need to bring with them:
– Laptop or Smart phone / tablet
– Access to their church’s social media accounts – this is important to help them make the most of the day.
10am – 4pm
• Facebook – What should your page have, what to post, analytics and Facebook advertising
• Tea break
• Instagram – What it is, setting up your profile, what to post, Instagram stories
• A Church near You – 8 things to have on your page
• Audiences – who are they?
• Writing for social media
• Using the Facebook stories feature
• Dealing with negativity online and safeguarding Inc. photography and video
• Social Media Surgery session – Ask us anything!
Places will be given on a first come first served basis, so please book soon to confirm a space.
Share this article:
- The Jerusalem Room, No 4 College Green, Gloucester, GL1 2LR
No 4 College Green
Gloucester, GL1 2LR United Kingdom + Google Map