- This event has passed.
Launch event: FestivALL 2019’s picnic in the park
June 30, 1:30 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Scroll down for details of the launch event, in Stratford Park, Stroud.
Gloucester Diocese is an active member of the multi-agency movement, FestivALL. As last year, in 2019 we are inviting all our worshipping communities to be involved with this wonderful opportunity to build new relationships and strengthen current networks by organising events, big or small, which bring people together. In addition this year, churches may like to get involved in the month of daily acts of community kindness.
The plan for this month includes:
- Local events: small, large and everything in between
- A month of acts of community kindness
- Profile raising through the media, in the general area of communities and neighbourhoods that include everyone, as well as FestivALL in particular.
More details here
This year we have a particular focus on intergenerational invitations. Some guidelines on intergenerational invitations are on this link: FestivALL 2019 intergenerational.
Coverage of FestivALL 2018 by SoGlos is here.
The launch event
We’re launching FestivALL 2019 as we mean to carry on – invited, welcome and together.
Whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, ability, faith, sexual orientation or class, join us for a PICNIC and CELEBRATION at Stratford Park in Stroud.
Further details TBA.
What you’ll need:
– Enough lunch for yourself and maybe to share with a few others
– Sun protection, as it WILL be sunny (said hopefully)
– A willingness to say hi, and introduce yourself, to those around
– Comfy shoes
Parking is free of charge.
The park includes a play area for children between 4-11 years, a museum, cafe, skate park, accessible toilets, miniature railway, arboretum/woodland, lake and bandstand.