- This event has passed.
Professional Workshop: Science and Faith in the Local Church
February 20, 10:00 am - February 21, 4:30 pm£50
This two-day workshop is for lay and ordained church leaders and for those in training from all denominations to enrich their understanding of the science-faith dialogue. In recent years as the UK has become more secularised science is no longer perceived as a religious activity. Further, for many the Church is looked on as a community who no longer value the role of science.
This course is for both those who have a background in science and for those who have none. It is specifically designed to:
- Better equip Christian leaders in their teaching on matters of Science and Faith by providing a deeper understanding of the diverse themes within this subject
- Build confidence in Christian leaders to address Science and Faith themes in teaching/ preaching/ group study and in pastoral care
The course will comprise three themes:
- Contemporary hot topics in the dialogue between Science and Religion to include subjects such as cosmology, genetics, artificial intelligence and climate change
- Science and faith in the local Church
- Pastoral approaches to science-faith issues
There will be no formal evening sessions.
The cost of this two-day workshop is £50 to include tea and coffee breaks, a sandwich lunch on both days and all workshop materials.
Places are limited to 60.
Delegates will be responsible for their own overnight accommodation and evening meals.