- This event has passed.
Resourcing Sunday to Saturday Faith – A discussion with Bishop Robert
December 3, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL LATER IN THE NEW YEAR
Event for Readers, including Readers in training
In this session for we will explore our reaction to the CRC document Resourcing Sunday to Saturday Faith. https://www.readers.cofe.anglican.org/u_d_lib_pub/p348.pdf
Bishop Robert will chair a discussion around the questions raised in the document please do come prepared with your thoughts and ideas.
Questions for discussion & reflection
- How can we start a new conversation in our churches about ‘Sunday to Saturday faith’ and the place of all ministers in enabling all God’s people to live out their faith in their workplaces, social networks and families?
- How might the understanding of baptism as foundational for all ministry help “all ministers [to] work together and see themselves as mutually accountable, of equal worth and status, complementary in gifting and vocation and equal partners in mission”?
- What else can we do to celebrate lay ministry and enable the whole church to receive the gift of lay ministry?
- You may find yourself currently involved in a wide variety of ministry, from leading services to pastoral visiting – how are you involved in “teaching the faith” in these situations and how can you ‘hone your skills’ in this ministry?
- How will you ensure that everything you do is enabling mission in the everyday i.e. how will you stay in touch with the questions people are facing in their workplace, social networks and family, and how will you resource them to address these questions?
- How will you reflect on your leadership role and what action will you take to resource yourself for this role, and set an example in humility and team working?