- This event has passed.
Welcoming people to new housing developments – a networking and training evening
April 23, 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm
Tea, coffee and cake served from 7.15pm
Location details: St Lawrence Church, Bourton on the Water. Please park on nearby roads.
This training and networking event is hosted by Bishop Robert and the LIFE priority group working on the priority “Connecting with new housing developments in innovative ways”. It is particularly suitable for parishes which have new housing developments of up to 300 houses, and it would be appropriate for a group to come from a parish to share in reflection together.
At this event we will:
- Reflect on the role of welcoming people into new communities in living out Christ’s love and hope across this Diocese
- Celebrate stories from parishes already engaged in welcoming newcomers
- Hear from the Barnwood Trust about their experience of engaging people in their local communities
- Find out how to use a new ‘Welcome Pack’ produced by the priority group, to be adapted locally, and how to order copies from College Green
- Develop plans for the future
If you would like to attend, please book a place by emailing Helen Wolfson on firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18 April with names of those who would like to come. Please do let us know if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements.
People who attended an earlier event on “Welcoming people to new housing developments” said they found it helpful to:
- “see so many people in the same position as me”
- “have the opportunity to consider ways of practically welcoming people new to the existing community – the enthusiasm of the presenters was contagious”
- “have a mixture of sharing, talking, drama, information and encouragement”
If you are engaged with larger developments, there will be another event offered in the summer. It would be helpful if you could let us know if you would find this useful and we will ensure that you are invited.