- This event has passed.
Welcoming people to new housing developments – networking and training event
January 18, 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
LIFE: Engagement Living out Christ’s love and hope
Welcoming people to new housing developments
This training and networking event is hosted by Bishop Robert and the LIFE priority group working on the priority “Connecting with new housing developments in innovative ways”. It is particularly suitable for parishes which have new housing developments of up to 300 houses, and it would be appropriate for a group to come from a parish to share in reflection together. At these events we will:
- Reflect on the role of welcoming people into new communities in living out Christ’s love and hope across this Diocese
- Celebrate stories from parishes already engaged in welcoming newcomers
- Hear from the Barnwood Trust about their experience of engaging people in their local communities
- Find out how to use a new ‘Welcome Pack’ produced by the priority group, to be adapted locally, and how to order copies from College Green
- Develop plans for the future
Thursday 18 January, 2018
- St George, Cam, 7.15 for 7.30 -9pm (Tea, coffee and cake served from 7.15pm) Location details: St George’s Church, Church Road, Upper Cam, Gloucestershire GL11 5PQ. Please park on nearby roads.
If you would like to attend, please email Claire Digby on email@example.com by Friday 12 January with names of those who would like to come. Please do let us know if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements.
If you are engaged with larger developments, there will be another event offered in the summer. It would be helpful if you could let us know if you would find this useful and we will ensure that you are invited.