The Diocese of Gloucester family of schools spans two Local Authorities, two Archdeaconries and nine Deaneries.
There are a variety of schools across the Diocese, including small rural primary schools with mixed age classes, large city schools, schools with attached nursery provision and wraparound care, as well as All Saints Academy (Secondary). Some schools are maintained by the Local Authorities and are designated as either Voluntary Aided or Voluntary Controlled; some schools have entered into a formal agreement as part of a federation or group of schools. Other schools are part of a Multi Academy Trust, including Diocese of Gloucester Academies Trust (DGAT).
With high aspiration for excellence, we are passionate for all within our family of schools to experience God’s love in a culture of care, dignity and hope.
Our Christian values underpin all that we do.
- We put children at the centre of our decision-making to ensure they have an exceptional school experience
- We support our work through regular prayer
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect – we are reflective and open to challenge
- We work with care, honesty and integrity
- We are outward looking and collaborative; learning from and sharing with other dioceses
- We work in partnership with our family of schools
- We work sensitively within each individual school community
- We are inclusive and offer a wide range of services to all our schools
- We provide enhanced support for schools experiencing difficulties
In all our work we seek to support and promote the National Church of England Vision for Education and the Diocesan LIFE vision. Our vision for education for our family of schools is rooted in Jesus’ words from John’s gospel, chapter 10:10: “I have come that they may have life and have it to the full”. The Education team and wider team, including; Bishop’s Visitors, RE Hub Leaders, Consultants and SIAMS Inspectors work together to support not only the flourishing of every child, but also the flourishing of school communities within their deanery groups.
To find out more about the Education Team, and to navigate this website, please click on one of the links below.