- Descent of the Dove – Knowing and Loving in Spirit and Truth (2022 Pusey House Theological Conference)on 03/07/2022 at 11:00 pm
- Into Incumbency: The ABCD of Communityon 07/07/2022 at 9:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Keep on Running the Raceon 07/07/2022 at 12:00 pm
- Into Incumbency: Inhabiting a Changing Roleon 07/09/2022 at 9:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Well Beingon 07/09/2022 at 12:00 pm
- Clergy Conferenceon 27/09/2022 at 1:00 pm
- Into Incumbency: Enabling and Sharing Ministryon 30/11/2022 at 10:00 am
- Vocation to Ministry Dayon 25/06/2022 at 9:00 am
- Intergenerational worshipping communitieson 03/05/2022 at 12:09 pm
- One Diocese blog: “Not just death and religion”on 04/04/2022 at 8:18 am
- A warm welcome in the heart of Matsonon 04/02/2022 at 4:57 pm
- Church, school and community host Christmas teaon 13/12/2021 at 2:41 pm
We have a very strong group of curates in the Diocese of Gloucester and with over 50 curates and over 40 training parishes, we are constantly looking at ways of developing our Curate Training Programme, (officially titled Initial Ministerial Development).
Most of the training takes place in the parish and is supervised by the training incumbent. There are also training events (IMD) which bring curates together for mutual support and learning. The aim is to develop curates competence in the tasks they have to perform, but even more important to develop their formation as ministers of God. To access the relevant IMD year programme please click here
The Curate Handbooks, one for each of the first three years of the curacy, set out the principles and overall pattern for the training programme, and should be read by all curates and training incumbents. Hard copies are available from Julie Mansfield.
There is also an extensive range of resources from setting up the curacy through to moving on which may be helpful when the time is right. The Co-ordinator of Curate Training is the Revd Ian Bussell.
Setting up a curacy
Parish Welcoming and Support
Discussion headers for initial meetings between potential training incumbents and ordinands
Setting up a Curacy
Parish profile proforma
Registration of Interest
Working Agreement Outline
Can I have a curate
Preparing for Ordination
Mainly for curates
Portfolios and Assignments
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (Word)
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (PDF)
Sermon feedback form
Worship feedback form
Key Resources for Rural Ministry (from the Arthur Rank Centre)
Training in the First Three Years Checklist – practical list for ministerial tasks expected as part of a curacy
The role of the Interim Supervisor
What to do when the Incumbent leaves
Mainly for Training Incumbents
Please visit the document search tool to hunt through contents of all uploaded documents.
Grove Booklet P128 (2011) ‘Supervising a Curate’ by Rick Simpson available at no cost for Gloucester training incumbents and curates. For a copy contact Julie.