- Into Incumbency: Supervision Skillson 15/02/2023 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Legal Matterson 15/02/2023 at 1:00 pm
- Enneagram Quiet Dayson 11/03/2023 at 9:30 am
- Quiet Dayson 11/03/2023 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Church Schoolson 22/03/2023 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Environment and Faithon 22/03/2023 at 1:00 pm
- Kingdom Vision Retreaton 02/05/2023 at 9:00 am
- Vocation to Ministry Dayon 27/05/2023 at 9:00 am
- Lay Worship Leaders course – Cirencester Deanery – Spring 2023on 08/02/2023 at 7:30 pm
- Introduction to Christian Ministry course, starts September 2022on 31/08/2022 at 11:00 pm
- Intergenerational worshipping communitieson 03/05/2022 at 12:09 pm
- One Diocese blog: “Not just death and religion”on 04/04/2022 at 8:18 am
We have a very strong group of curates in the Diocese of Gloucester and with over 50 curates and over 40 training parishes, we are constantly looking at ways of developing our Curate Training Programme, (officially titled Initial Ministerial Development).
Most of the training takes place in the parish and is supervised by the training incumbent. There are also training events (IMD) which bring curates together for mutual support and learning. The aim is to develop curates competence in the tasks they have to perform, but even more important to develop their formation as ministers of God. To access the relevant IMD year programme please click here
The Curate Handbooks, one for each of the first three years of the curacy, set out the principles and overall pattern for the training programme, and should be read by all curates and training incumbents. Hard copies are available from Julie Mansfield.
There is also an extensive range of resources from setting up the curacy through to moving on which may be helpful when the time is right. The Co-ordinator of Curate Training is the Revd Ian Bussell.
Setting up a curacy
Parish Welcoming and Support
Discussion headers for initial meetings between potential training incumbents and ordinands
Setting up a Curacy
Parish profile proforma
Registration of Interest
Working Agreement Outline
Can I have a curate
Preparing for Ordination
Mainly for curates
Portfolios and Assignments
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (Word)
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (PDF)
Sermon feedback form
Worship feedback form
Key Resources for Rural Ministry (from the Arthur Rank Centre)
Training in the First Three Years Checklist – practical list for ministerial tasks expected as part of a curacy
The role of the Interim Supervisor
What to do when the Incumbent leaves
Mainly for Training Incumbents
Please visit the document search tool to hunt through contents of all uploaded documents.
Grove Booklet P128 (2011) ‘Supervising a Curate’ by Rick Simpson available at no cost for Gloucester training incumbents and curates. For a copy contact Julie.