Pages in this section:
- Walk for the planeton 12/08/2021 at 11:00 pm
- Environment Webinars – Autumn Programmeon 30/07/2021 at 3:59 pm
- Cultural Recovery Fund: Round 3on 08/07/2021 at 3:53 pm
- Churches Count on Nature week, 5-13th Juneon 28/05/2021 at 10:09 am
- Gloucestershire Historic Churches Trust turns 40on 25/05/2021 at 11:06 am
- Eco Church festival with Churches Count on Natureon 20/05/2021 at 8:04 am
- Church Buildings & The Post COVID World – Online Conference 3on 06/05/2021 at 8:45 am
The Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) is a group of formal members and consultants all of whom volunteer their time and professional knowledge to assist parishes in looking after and appreciating their church buildings. From stained glass and sustainability to landscape and liturgy, every aspect is covered and details of all our current members are available in the membership list. The committee meets roughly every 6 weeks to consider faculty applications and informal proposals, and members regularly attend site visits throughout the diocese.
The committee is assisted by Adam Klups – DAC Secretary , Kath Hilsden – Senior Church Buildings Officer (working Wed – Fri) and Carmen Bowes – Assistant Church Buildings Officer (working Wed – Fri). A calendar of meeting dates and corresponding deadlines is available to download below, along with the DAC’s constitution and a more thorough introduction to the committee’s work. The work of the DAC is summarised annually in our Building Faith publication, and back copies are available upon request.
If you have any queries regarding the DAC, please contact us.