Reactive Maintenance Team
For all repair enquiries contact:
Mike Stone (Maintenance Surveyor)
Tel: 01452 835 604
Chris Swioklo (Property Surveyor)
Tel: 01452 835 577
Out of Hours Emergencies
If an emergency occurs ‘Out of Hours’ please use the attached Emergencies advisory notes and Emergency Contacts list for approved contractors below.
Useful External Links:
The housing portfolio is managed by the Property and Development Department and overseen by the Resources Committee. The aims of the department are:
- To strive to provide the highest quality housing services for all occupants within the bounds of its resources.
- To obtain the best value for money for those who fund these services.
- To examine ways of making the most efficient and appropriate use of the Diocese’s property assets.
- To maintain the highest levels of professional integrity.
‘House care handbook for clergy’
The handbook has been revised to include the new policy on tree maintenance, tv aerials, emergency work etc. The document should help improve the understanding of the service provided by the Property and Development Department for clergy and the responsibilities of maintaining and living in a parsonage for all parties. The document highlights the key areas encountered during occupation e.g. Quinquennials, decorations, repairs etc. and summaries in the appendix the repair responsibilities to improve clarity of the works undertaken by the department. To access the document please click on the link below:
Following our L8 hazard assessments this year we have noted that shower heads and taps are not being cleaned allowing a build up of scale. Shower heads in hard water areas are a particular concern. Please read the attached guide for more information.
Winter ready – Prevent foreseeable issues
Severn Trent Water provide useful information regarding keeping drains clear, protecting outside taps etc to prevent unwanted issues. Please check out the site.
For septic tanks and sewage treatment plants please look at the information fact sheet on Do’s and Don’ts below
- Be alert: Increase in roof metal thefton 14/04/2020 at 10:15 am
- Celebrating 25 years of Ann Edwards Mewson 08/10/2019 at 11:08 am
- Practical help for refugees: one community’s story of actionon 30/03/2018 at 8:01 am
- Working with areas of new housingon 17/01/2018 at 3:12 pm
- Cheltenham churches provide a home for refugee familyon 12/10/2017 at 10:03 am
- Church Tourismon 08/02/2017 at 11:00 am
- We would like your views on Quedgeley school bidon 02/02/2016 at 9:50 am
- Refugee Situation: Calais and beyondon 04/09/2015 at 9:28 am
- “What difference can I make to saving the planet?”on 17/08/2015 at 8:19 am
- A vote for the vulnerableon 15/05/2015 at 7:54 am