Pages in this section:
- Supporting the Children & Families work in Hempstedon 18/10/2021 at 11:47 am
- Supporting Gloucester Street Pastorson 22/09/2021 at 11:53 am
- Supporting The Rock, Cheltenham.on 18/09/2021 at 11:52 am
Welcome to Sylvanus Lysons.
We are a local grant making charity which works to support the mission and ministry of the Church of England in the Diocese of Gloucester.
We are keen to support initiatives that seek to bring hope and healing in areas where it is most needed, through the living out of the Christian gospel.
We welcome applications from parishes, groups of churches and Christian organisations within Gloucester Diocese. We are keen to support new and imaginative initiatives – however large or small – and particularly appreciate the opportunity to ‘seed fund’ new projects.
Typical grant making activities include:
- support for work with disadvantaged or disabled young persons and adults;
- support for employment of youth, children and families workers;
- support for local community initiatives in which the church is engaged.
- The charity also supports clergy and individuals for further ministerial study.
Please note that the Charity does not give grants towards maintenance or repair of the fabric of churches and other buildings.