- Into Incumbency: Hassle to Harmonyon 21/01/2021 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Chair of the PCC and APCMon 21/01/2021 at 1:00 pm
- Quiet Dayon 09/02/2021 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Supervision Skillson 25/02/2021 at 10:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Legal Matterson 25/02/2021 at 1:00 pm
- Into Incumbency: Church Schoolson 29/04/2021 at 9:00 am
- Into Incumbency: Eco Churchon 29/04/2021 at 12:00 pm
- Podcast Episode 17 and 18: Human Sexualityon 09/11/2020 at 3:55 pm
- Festival of Everyday Faith – workshop recordings now availableon 07/10/2020 at 3:44 pm
- Festival of EVERYDAY FAITHon 02/10/2020 at 11:00 pm
- How to lamenton 30/09/2020 at 2:17 pm
- Black Lives Matter: a series of conversations within the Churchon 29/09/2020 at 3:34 pm
We have a very strong group of curates in the Diocese of Gloucester and with over 50 curates and over 40 training parishes, we are constantly looking at ways of developing our Curate Training Programme, (officially titled Initial Ministerial Development).
Most of the training takes place in the parish and is supervised by the training incumbent. There are also training events (IMD) which bring curates together for mutual support and learning. The aim is to develop curates competence in the tasks they have to perform, but even more important to develop their formation as ministers of God. To access the relevant IMD year programme please click here
The Curate Handbooks, one for each of the first three years of the curacy, set out the principles and overall pattern for the training programme, and should be read by all curates and training incumbents. Hard copies are available from Julie O’Keefe.
There is also an extensive range of resources from setting up the curacy through to moving on which may be helpful when the time is right. The Co-ordinator of Curate Training is the Revd Ian Bussell.
Setting up a curacy
Parish Welcoming and Support
Discussion headers for initial meetings between potential training incumbents and ordinands
Setting up a Curacy
Parish profile proforma
Registration of Interest
Working Agreement Outline
Can I have a curate
Preparing for Ordination
Mainly for curates
Portfolios and Assignments
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (Word)
SSM – Parish to home boundary travel expenses form (PDF)
Sermon feedback form
Worship feedback form
Key Resources for Rural Ministry (from the Arthur Rank Centre)
Training in the First Three Years Checklist – practical list for ministerial tasks expected as part of a curacy
The role of the Interim Supervisor
What to do when the Incumbent leaves
Mainly for Training Incumbents
Please visit the document search tool to hunt through contents of all uploaded documents.
Grove Booklet P128 (2011) ‘Supervising a Curate’ by Rick Simpson available at no cost for Gloucester training incumbents and curates. For a copy contact Julie.