The vision for the Diocese of Gloucester over the next five years.
“I have come that they may have LIFE, and have it to the full.”
- Developing diverse lay and ordained leaders from the communities we serve
- Piloting liberating models of leadership and ministry, especially in multi-parish benefices
- Creating learning networks for lay and ordained leaders
- Investing in our engagement with baptism families to spark an amazing adventure with Jesus Christ
- Placing schools at the heart of our mission with creative connections between churches and schools
- Encouraging new and courageous ways of worshipping, in different places, which connect with more people
- Approaching the use, upkeep and future of our church buildings in bold and creative ways
- Enabling people to discover new depths to prayer and spiritual growth, individually and together
- Nurturing confident disciples to live out their faith seven days a week
- Sharing our stories in new and different ways, including through digital media
- Being advocates for human flourishing, through initiatives which combat injustice, environmental destruction, exclusion and isolation
- Using sport, music and art to build relationships and share the Christian faith
- Connecting with new housing developments in innovative ways
- Investing in people and programmes, which excite young people to explore and grow in faith
Sharing your stories of LIFE
During the vision process, many stories were shared and we gathered some great stories. We heard loud and clear that we need to be more confident in sharing our good news stories across the Diocese, both within church communities and with our wider communities.
We want to hear more of your good news, so we can post it on our website, social media accounts, publications and share with the media.
Share your stories in words, pictures or videos, we want to help you spread the good news of the Gospel. Remember what might be an ordinary story to you, could be an extraordinary story for others!
Hard copies of prayer cards and bookmarks are available free from Church House. Please contact ChurchHouse@glosdioc.org.uk to order.
Stories via video: “Digital Advent” →
Café Church at the Cornerstone Centre, Cheltenham →
37 life-changing portraits →
Watch more of our videos →