“I have come that they may have LIFE, and have it to the full.”
2018 LIFE Events and Communications
The 2018 LIFE calendar (see below) highlights the events and messages that can be expected over the year ahead. The events are a mixture of those organised by LIFE priority groups, Developing Your Ministry events and training for our schools.
Along the top of the calendar you will see a key LIFE priority each month. This means that in all our diocesan-wide publications, on our website and social media, we will share stories relating to that particular LIFE priority. On the reverse of the calendar, you will find information relating to some of the events and messages and key gatherings such as Diocesan Synod.This calendar does not show every event happening in our Diocese, but we hope it gives you an overview of how our LIFE vision will be lived out across the Diocese.Everything on the calendar is an invitation. It is not intended that any one worshipping community will participate in everything, but we hope it will help in the planning of events which might support and encourage you in your local mission and ministry.
Vision Priority Groups
People across the Diocese are working together in groups focussed on each LIFE priority.
Shared local resources
Share your stories in words, pictures or videos, so we can help one another spread the good news of the Gospel.
Lucy Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
The Vision for the Diocese of Gloucester 2017-2022.
- Developing diverse lay and ordained leaders from the communities we serve
- Piloting liberating models of leadership and ministry, especially in multi-parish benefices
- Creating learning networks for lay and ordained leaders
- Investing in our engagement with baptism families to spark an amazing adventure with Jesus Christ
- Placing schools at the heart of our mission with creative connections between churches and schools
- Encouraging new and courageous ways of worshipping, in different places, which connect with more people
- Approaching the use, upkeep and future of our church buildings in bold and creative ways
- Enabling people to discover new depths to prayer and spiritual growth, individually and together
- Nurturing confident disciples to live out their faith seven days a week
- Sharing our stories in new and different ways, including through digital media
- Being advocates for human flourishing, through initiatives which combat injustice, environmental destruction, exclusion and isolation
- Using sport, music and art to build relationships and share the Christian faith
- Connecting with new housing developments in innovative ways
- Investing in people and programmes, which excite young people to explore and grow in faith
Where the Vision came from
Following a season of prayer and shared conversations in 2016, involving 6,000 people across the Diocese, the LIFE Vision has emerged. Read below for more detail.
Bishop Rachel introduces LIFE
Bishop Rachel: LIFE Speech to Diocesan Synod
How your local church is funded:
LIFE videos playlist
Jesus came that we may have life, and have it to the full! Our ‘Life’ videos tell a diverse range of stories about how we live out that life across the Diocese of Gloucester; in Leadership, Imagination, Faith and Engagement. We are using #OurLifeStory to tie these stories together.
Watch more of our videos →