“I have come that they may have LIFE, and have it to the full.”
Where the Vision came from
Following a season of prayer and shared conversations in 2016, involving 6,000 people across the Diocese, the LIFE Vision has emerged. Read below for more detail.
Bishop Rachel introduces LIFE
Bishop Rachel: LIFE Speech to Diocesan Synod
Vision Priority Groups
People across the Diocese are working together in groups focussed on each LIFE priority.
Shared local resources
Share your stories in words, pictures or videos, so we can help one another spread the good news of the Gospel.
Lucy Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of prayer cards and bookmarks are available free from Church House.
The Vision for the Diocese of Gloucester 2017-2022.
- Developing diverse lay and ordained leaders from the communities we serve
- Piloting liberating models of leadership and ministry, especially in multi-parish benefices
- Creating learning networks for lay and ordained leaders
- Investing in our engagement with baptism families to spark an amazing adventure with Jesus Christ
- Placing schools at the heart of our mission with creative connections between churches and schools
- Encouraging new and courageous ways of worshipping, in different places, which connect with more people
- Approaching the use, upkeep and future of our church buildings in bold and creative ways
- Enabling people to discover new depths to prayer and spiritual growth, individually and together
- Nurturing confident disciples to live out their faith seven days a week
- Sharing our stories in new and different ways, including through digital media
- Being advocates for human flourishing, through initiatives which combat injustice, environmental destruction, exclusion and isolation
- Using sport, music and art to build relationships and share the Christian faith
- Connecting with new housing developments in innovative ways
- Investing in people and programmes, which excite young people to explore and grow in faith